Open Water Scuba Instructor
Are you ready for a challenge?
You will participate in the PADI Instructor Development Program (IDC) with our PADI Course Director, he will prepare you to function as a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor. In addition, He further develops your leadership and teaching abilities to the instructor level and prepares you to teach PADI programs.
During the PADI Instructor Development program, you will learn the PADI System of diver education, standards and procedures, effective academic teaching presentations, teaching in confined water, conducting open water training dives and additional related topics.
After successful completion of the IDC, you must successfully complete the PADI Instructor Examination (IE). You will be evaluated on; dive theory, academic teaching, confined-water (pool) teaching, open-water teaching and general diving skills and professionalism.
As a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor you can conduct the entire range of PADI experience programs and PADI diver programs, from Open Water Diver through to Divemaster.
For Speciality Courses you will require further training and can covered during the IDC.
After successfully completing your PADI IDC and IE, you receive a certification card and certificate denoting this rating. You will also become a member of PADI and receive benefits, including the ability to purchase professional liability insurance (which may be required)
To qualify for the PADI Instructor Development program, you must:
– Be certified as a PADI Assistant Instructor or a PADI Divemaster, or as an instructor with another recreational diver training organization.
– Be at least 18 years old.
– Be fit for diving and submit a medical form signed by a physician.
– Have been a certified diver for at least six months and logged at least 60 open water dives with experience in night, deep and navigation prior to beginning the Instructor Development Program, and have been a certified diver for at least 6 months and logged at least 100 dives prior to entering the Instructor Examination.
– Be a Emergency First Response Instructor (Can be done during the IDC providing you hold a current Emergency First Response Certification)